Thread: Puppy Problems
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:11 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Stopsnowing I think your puppy is so adorable!! I just wanted to share a quick story with you.....

My previous lab Winston was introduced to obediance as a 6 month old pup. We arrived at the training facility. Our class was after dinner in the evenings. We entered the building and just as the class was about to start he decided he needed to go and promptly pooped in the middle of the room in front of everyone! I could have died. Next week same thing except he pee'd. I was so embarrased. The trainer came over after and asked me if we were feeding him before class and we were. She told us not to feed him before class because it is perfect timing after dinner for them to go. Once we stopped feeding before class he stopped doing his business.

Another thing you could teach your pup is to ring a bell attached to your door. (they sell them at the pet stores) I have a female lab now and she was so easy to train to ring the bell. Everytime I took her outside to do her business I rang the bell and went outside. She picked it up reall fast and began ringing the bell all the time!!!!

Good Luck

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown