View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Chow Pei Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Myka didn't finish her breakfast this morning. She only ate the small slice of beef liver, about 1/5th can of Tripett, and an egg. She left the chicken leg, chicken breast, and the Smelt. So I gave her the chicken pieces, and the smelt for dinner. She chewed on them, but didn't eat much at all. She also didn't poop at all today, although she is peeing fine, and is drinking fine. Her not eating is VERY odd...she's a little pig.

Should I be worried about something or is she just being picky?
Myka
Glad to know you're getting the diet going. You don't have to worry. Raw dogs eat a lot less... a lot less. I don't think she's being picky, she's probably just full. Also buy now, I'm sure her jaw is probably sore from all the exercise she's getting. I have noticed there seems to be a 10 days process where by the muscles around the jaw are swollen and sore sometimes from this mastication exercise. This is normal. Dogs won't starve themselves on purpose. That's where fasting comes in. Let her fast, give her a recreational bone and the next day, try to feed her. There is nothing wrong with what you are describing.

Please don't coat or cook raw foods attempting to change flavours. This isn't a good practice and defeats the purpose of a good raw diet. Your dog will eat when she's hungry again.

Last edited by MerlinsHope; February 10th, 2008 at 08:28 AM.