View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith_rizel
I agree that you should take him if he travels well. Go car, it is usually cheaper, plus you get to do a little sight seeing. I am planning on visiting family for only 4 or 5 days next summer, and I can't stand the thought of leaving Cano at home. Sure he would stay at my friend Jennifer's house, where there are 2 of his fur-buddies, but still..... He has never been away from me for more than 8 hours!

I too would like to know if there is a weight limit on pets. I wouldn't have a vehicle nor the money to rent one, to go back home with.

Has anyone had a pet put on a plane before?? Did they do alright??
I had a cat that traveled to Germany & back with me in the sixties. My father worked for Pan Am ..He flew from MIA at first while we lived in the Keys and later transferred to NY.

Mittens was a world traveler and loved it!

I fly too and have been in & out of aviation for many years. Animals do travel well if given a chance.
You have to put yourself in their paws..sounds, smells, etc...and of course, their emotions.
Air travel can be very tough on them. Trains can be too.
Cars are not so bad. Being left alone can be bad. Seperation depression is ugly for our fourlegged family members.
If I was a dog or cat family member..I would rather be a little carsick with my family to console me than be heartsick or scared and heartsick all alone.

Times have changed since Mittens flew..she had the run. This does not happen anymore.

Take the ground route. I have seen everything from up there, it all looks the same. I want to see what's down here for a change. Your dog will too and you all will enjoy it more.

*Note: Never travel without all vet records.