View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Don't Try To Explain...

I started to work at a Petstore Company (who shall remain nameless) who sells puppies. In terms of keeping their puppies healthy - they did an excellent job. They had a vet on hand, keep all puppies up to date on vaccinations/worming/ect and would take older individuals outside to learn to walk on the leash and basic obedience skills. You could argue that yes - this was a responsible pet store. You walk in, the cages are always maintained, the puppies always look healthy (sure, some sulk, as would any puppy stuck in a small cage 24/7) and the store itself has no odor.

Than you realize WHERE the puppies came from. I quit after I learned their motto was "Sell, Sell, Sell" and that yes, there puppies came in bulk from brokers and dealers. More than one puppy had a "Hunte Corporation" listed as their breed on their AKC registration papers. No matter how healthy the puppies look, you cannot change where they came from.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of ther universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." - Caras