View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM

I have the same problem. The first vet I went to said his thyroid was fine and that she didn't know what the problem was and told us to keep him away from beef, dairy, and grains but it didn't change anything. We then went to a different vet for a second opinion and he took a look at the test results and told us his thyroid levels are low and that his dark skin was a sign of that and the first vet should have recognized that. The vet then put him on synthroid. After a few weeks we noticed his bald spots were growing in and after a few months he was back to normal. In february we noticed it coming back and the vet increased his dosage and now we are waiting to see if it helps. Those pictures look just like my dogs problem. I'm not saying that is what your dog has but you can always get a second opinion like I did. I just had to take the test results in from my vet instead of paying for another test. This pic was taken the first time he had this problem his spot looks pink but there is dark patches there some spots are very dark almost black.
Attached Images

Patches - Diluted Torti 2007-2022

Last edited by Cathy1; March 16th, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: photo