View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM

In need of insight.

Hi all, hope all is well. I'm new the the site and in need of a little help. I got my dog about a month ago from an animal rescue shelter. At the time he had fleas, they sprayed him with Frontline and gave him a pill. About a week went by and I noticed rice like grains and at the petstore the lady told me he has tapworm. She gave up some stuff and gave him a half a pill(hes a small breed pup) and it ended. Now about a week ago I noticed long noodle type things that seemed as worms, I freaked out and gave him another tap worm pill. Gone seen nothing more. Yesterday I seen again a worm type thing. its about 3-5 inches and is just skinny and worm looking to best describe it. I haven't gave him anything but yet waited till he pooped again. This time his poop contains a little substance that as a look of clear jelly with a red blood looking jelly texture. I switched his food but did it gradually, since fully switching over his poop has been softer.
My two questions would be, do you think he has worms, if so why doesn't he always poop it out and two, what do you think could be the cause of that substance in his poop.
I really appreciate all the help and heres a picture of roscoe. Any thoughts of what he is?! They said at the rescue shelter shih Tzu Pekingese mix but I think its shih tzu collie and Papillon mix,ha
Thanke again and take good care!
Attached Images