View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Can the bird feeders be moved somewhere else, to an area where Phantom doesn't go?
Cats hunting birds is a serious problem; in an ideal world, the neighbour would keep her cat indoors, at least during the day. You didn't say if he was a successful hunter, however
He hasn't caught anything yet as far as I know. The squirrels start chattering and scolding as soon as they see him, which is often how my mom knows he's around. (They never chatter at Phantom because she doesn't hunt them.)

The birds and squirrels contgregate around the big pine tree and the cherry tree, mostly. My folks feed them, but even if they didn't, I think the critters would still be there for the cherries and the berry bush growing around the pine tree. The pine tree is sort of in the back of the yard, on the opposite side from Orangey's yard. The cherry tree is near the house, about midway across the yard. There are tons of bushes in all directions that Orangey can creep through and hide in. Phantom doesn't spend much time outside, but is most frequently in the shade near the pine tree or by the rose garden (on the side of the cherry tree nearest to Orangey's house.) My folks have a ten or twelve foot chain link fence, but Orangey can bound right over it! So he can enter the yard from any point.