View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM

Havanese puppy health

Hi - My havanese, Murphy, just turned 1 on 5/9. One week ago today I was checking him for ticks and noticed a small bump in his groin area. It looked like a pimple. I checked it for the next few days and it didn't change.

On Saturday I took him to the vet to check it out. The vet said it's a pimple, just like people get. She also called it a small cyst. She said there's waxy stuff inside that could be squeezed out but it's in a sensitive area, so to just leave it alone.

Several days later I noticed another one, looking exactly like the first a little higher up on his belly. Nothing new since then.

I did some research on the Internet and learned about puppy acne, and other skin conditions.

I ran into another dog owner yesterday who has a 6 year old cocker who has the same thing.

Has anyone had any experience with this? And are there any products to treat it that are safe for dogs and cats (I also have 4 cats)? Some articles mentioned Gold Bond Powder.

As of this morning both little bumps are exactly the same and they don't appear to bother Murphy. They are just two little closed raised bumps looking exactly like two little pimples.

Thanks for your help.

LauraGrace