View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw9368 View Post
My cat was diagnosed with the same problem, called mega colon. He was switched from dry to can or wet and he is on two meds. One is lactulose, which he hates but it is better than the alternative and the other med is a compound, quite pricey, called sisapride. They both do the trick. When the doc told me his colon could burst that convinced me to stay with the meds and stay away from food high in fiber. Too much fiber bulked him up. Good luck and I hope you figure out what is best for your cat.
I had no luck with the lactulose....Miralax did the trick!! Tyler is also on Cisapride....very pricey through the vet....I see you are in the states also, I found a pharmacy in Washington DC that sells it for MUCH less....they can compound it into alot of different forms. Tyler gets 10mg capsules, he takes them with cream cheese!! If you'd like to check out this pharmacy PM me or e-mail at loriacatlady@optonline.net and I'll give you the info....believe me I know how expensive it can get & finally after a year, because of this forum I was pointed in some new directions This place is wonderful!!