View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderuby View Post
OK. I've stared at these absolutley breathtakingly beautiful (er um handsome) boys of yours and I'm just in love with them. truly. And that arse up in the air trying to get him to play..was completley adorable. I'd say that look was "Really kid...I feel like ^$&%, go away". and his look at the end was "well geesh you grump".

(but then again...I could be wrong) .
It kinda also looks like he was saying 'mom...im so fixing to bite his nose, remove him from my site, please". and the response "but I love you, and I just was trying to play...sniffle".

ok. done doing doggy interps.
LOL RR, I think it was a bit of both for Thorin, and definitely the latter for Nookie. He was very sad. Well, until he got some cookies and daddy took him outside, then he cheered up! Nookie does some very silly (but very cute) things. He has the weirdest personality and we just adore him for it
A lot of it, I'm sure, is the brain damage. He has scarring from the meningoencephalitis and the grand mals, so he is a very strange boy. But still extremely intelligent! He does a little "swimming" thing when he's bored. He will lay on his side, make little "monster" noises, as one of our vet calls them, and just wave his front paws like he's swimming. The vets get such a kick out of it. We call him our "autistic" baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
This has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. He would have loved the giant Bogong moths we get here, they'd have given him a buzz too. How gross, really(thinking of holding a Cicada in my own mouth). Yuk.

Wishing Thorin good luck, I hope the results are better than you think.
GF, it was hillarious! The first time I ever saw him do it, I thought "what in the world are you doing?". He walked by me, his lips curled up so tight, his teeth bared and he was "humming"! So I followed him for a minute, he stopped "humming", opened his mouth and a Cicada fell to the ground ! I'm sure you can imagine my surprise (and disgust! ) He went sniffing around, found another and did it all over again
He was such a fun boy to have. I always seem to end up with the oddest animals, but I wouldn't trade any of them

I hope Thorins path report comes back better than what they are thinking, too. She did say that once in awhile she is completely surprised by the report, that it looks like the "Big C" with the needle aspiration, but comes back benign. That's what we're hoping and ing for!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012