Thread: loose stool
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofapup View Post
Both my dogs, corgi and springer spaniel, have developed loose stools. That can be a very messy problem on a tailless corgi. At the same time, both have taken to eating the new spring grass. I've started adding pumpkin, with mixed results.

I wonder, is the grass causing the problem? In that case, is this just going to be a seasonal thing? There's no chemicals on the grass, and it usually browns out by late July here.

Julia
Hi and welcome to the board sofapup. Name:  Welcome Smiley.gif
Views: 32861
Size:  3.2 KB

Wow--this is a very old thread but in any event, I too have a springer spaniel that recently had issues with stools, (loose and eating them. ).

While our Gryphon is like a grazing cow eating the young grass, we did switch his his diet in April. Stools are much firmer not to mention only once a day and he stopped eating them as well.

As the new food is a Limited Ingredient Diet (L.I.D), our vet recommended to reduce his intake as well as he became slightly overweight with this new higher protein/less filler diet.

The L.I.D is a bit more expensive but in the long run, it less mess to clean, he's not further eating his stools and also lesser quantity then the old food.

Hope this helps and we would love to see pictures of your furbabies.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)