Thread: Newt & kittens
View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
Hi:

I was just looking at Mommy Newt and was wondering if maybe she would be a Bombay cat. It is hard to tell with the photos that are at hand. The Bombay cat is a solid black cat with short black hair no other colors and very shiny. The eyes are yellow to a shiny copper color and are quite distinctive. They are of a sweet disposition and somewhat mellow. I find the cameras do not do justice to cats eyes which doesn't help the matter in trying to identify the cat. I notice she is carrying a white blaze on the chest that means she's not purebred. If I were you I would be doing some further investigating on the Internet. If it is a Bombay cat they have a very pleasant personality and make an excellent indoor cat.

Mommy Newt is a very pleasant looking cat. She looks quite content in the pictures, and she gives the appearance of being knowledgeable. I think she'd make a very pleasant companion animal, and her offspring are really something else, and they're going to be hard to part with when the time comes.
http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows...eos/bombay.htm

you could be right according to this utube. Bombay cats are part Burmese cat . This utube shows a Bombay cat being walked on a leash , so if the OP cat is one she can train it to take walks using a leash.