View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Willing cat servant

Hilda the Goddess

My soon to be 19 year old Hilda passed away on January.
I wasn't even ready to talk about it until now.
She was living in Mexico and I was in Calgary and just had a baby (that's a thread for later )
I had a very difficult labor so I ended up hurt and also got the baby blues BIG BIG TIME when I found out that my angel went to sleep at night and didn't wake up. My dad sent us a message. I let myself fell on a chair that was right there while repeating šNo, eyes filling with tears rapidly, and although we knew that day wasn't far away and tried to be prepared that didn't make it any less painful.
I take comfort from knowing that she had a long life, active almost until the end. She never had health problems, never had to go to the vet, just for the normal things such as spaying, shots, and grooming sometimes. She was indeed a strong and beautiful goddess.
She was with us most of our lives. And she saw my parents grow older and my siblings grow into adults.
Last year when I saw her I asked her to wait for me and she tried. I was about to visit in a couple of more months but she was just too tired.
It felt like she was going to be there forever. The eternal goddess and somehow although she's gone it still feels that way.
Here's a pic of her at age 18

She had a Van design and had very long fur. But in her late years we trimmed it because it was hard for her to keep up with the grooming of such a long fur coat.
One of this days I'll post a pic of her when she was younger.
So I dedicate this moment to my goddess Hilda. Cross the rainbow bridge guided by the love of your family, rest and play, young and free, climb the trees and lie on the grass enjoying the fresh breeze and the warm embrace of the sunlight in the land of the everlasting summer.