View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Question Koda + new people in the house

Hello everyone you have been great help to me and my new little doggy. after having Koda ( 1.3 years old rescue Bichon) for 3 weeks we decided this weekend to have my parents over for dinner. Well !! Koda took one look at them in the house and would not stop barking. I was trying not to pick him up and hold him as I had read on one of the other posts that this is like rewarding him for his behavior. I gave my Dad a treat to see if mabye he would come and take it from him to calm down but with no luck. We sat at the kitchen table just to have tea and he seemed to calm down. But... when either of my parents went to try and pat him under the table he would try and nip their hands and dance around under the table. I think that he was nervous. When my parents got up again he began the constant barking again. Finally I had to put him the bathroom just so that we could have a conversation. To say the least I was very troubled by this. I constantly have people over in the summer and I would hate to have a house where people are unconfortable coming into with the dog ! Any suggestions !- thanks