View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Albert's mommy

I am thrilled to get this update on Duffy!! Awesome news! I am glad Duffy is doing so well!

I am currently working with a woman across the country with her CRF dog, I am still shocked at how little info is available from these vets. She, like you and I once were Growler, is terrified, shocked, confused, frustrated and lost. I hope I can help in leading her in the right direction. I also sent her a link to this post, as well as got her on the yahoo kidney boards. She is memorizing dogaware.com too!!

Her vet isn't thrilled about the home cooking, but at least he is willing to try it out. Luckily they caught the disease very early, and her dog didn't spend more than a week on vet rx food. She immediately put her dog on a home made recipe that I provided for her.

Thank you for keeping this thread going. CRF is sadly misunderstood and the more people out there get the facts, the better off their beloved babies will be!!