View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor

While I agree they need to take poaching, other Illigial activity to the forefront, They need to know about the unlicensed wildlife rehabbers. By doing so, they can keep track of diseases, new diseases, new zoonotic diseases. Also, keeping track of the specie population or decline. I know this because I work for a Humane Society that works with licensed Wildlife Rehabbers and they by law have to log every animal that comes in..down to eating, drinking, death rate, injured, sick, recovered, released, etc, all written down. And then their log is sent to the government.

I think instead of waving the finger at unlicensed Wildlife Rehabbers, they should be finding resources for these people on how to properly educate, properly care for each different specie and rehabitlaed properly. Unlicensed Widlife Rehabbers can actually and (I am betting more then once) can actually cause more harm then good for the wild animal that they are caring for.

These people are going to do it anyway, why not have responsible, educated indiviuals that are out to better the world and give lives of animals a second chance, that have may otherwise died a suffering, painful death.

ACO22

Last edited by NoahGrey; May 19th, 2008 at 12:00 PM.