View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM

Losing Deuce

Cricket,

When I read your post my heart stopped. On Jan12th of this year my best friend died due to anestesia. He was a one year old english bulldog named Deuce. He went in with a condition known as "screw tail" where a bulldogs tail is growing back inside him. It had gotten infected (I thought he had a hot spot) and I took him to the vet the following day. They said he would have to have surgery so I left my friend in their care. I got a call that afternoon saying that I needed to rush there that the anestesia had caused his heart to stop and they were working to bring him back. I guess I do not have to explain to you that it brought my world crashing down. They were never able to revive him and I have one of the true loves of my life. I know it must get better eventually but my heart is broken. I am awaiting the autopsy report to try to put some closure to this matter. I am so angry and hurt. I just don't understand why and what happened.

My heart aches for you in the loss of your friend a year ago. It is good to know that you have gone on with you life and have some new additions to your family. I hope to be able to get some answers and some peace in the coming weeks when the report comes back. I had my boy cremated as well and just got him back last Friday. I know exactly how you feel about it being even worse. I know it has been 2 weeks tomorrow but I do not feel any better at all...if anything worse due to the shock wearing off. The whys and what ifs are torturing me. I just don't understand.

Love to my pal though, he gave me one of the most wonderful years of my life....he was pure love and joy. May my sweet boy rest in peace.
Attached Images