View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
Senior Contributor

just gotta add my 20c worth. on a board like this we are not looking at each other talking, using expression and gestures, this is how humans generally communicate and this behaviour also aids how we recieve the message. without these gestures, hand movements, eye contact ect. one often misses the context of a message especially when we all come from such diverse places, what an australian finds funny may just be downright offensive to someone in a different social context. i know myself that in posts i have been a little smarty pants, just trying to make people laugh, but at times this expression has not been recieved the way it was intended and i just looked like a cow.
also often the reply posty may just be short and to the point, a direct answer to a Q, eg 'my dog is bleeding' reply 'take to vet'. some people find these messages rude but missed the context. not to mention that it is proven that peoples behaviour changes on the net, it is easier to be cheeky to someone you will never see or meet.
and Luba, we love you, you have proven time and agian to be extrememly knowledgable of many aspect animal and we all appreciate and respect you for this, and hey, some of us are just naturally great and fantastic, i think luba is and i definatly know i am. now lets play nice