View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2009, 03:09 AM

pray for jazzmin the collie/cross

Hi there

Just wanted to give an update on what the vet said today. I told Jazz into the vets and they did blood work and xrays. After three long hours they called me and we drove back out there.
The vet stated that her red and white blood count was low. The red blood count meant that she wasn't getting enough blood. Which could mean cancer or advanced phenomia. The White blood cell count could mean infection or Cancer. Sadly that is alot of talk about cancer. Cancer has haunted my family for many years. I have lost my mother, grandmother, Grandfather, many aunt and uncles. And more if we count my husbands family.

Then the Dr showed us the Xrays. It wasn't good. she is having a hard time breathing and lowering her head down to eat her food. I thought that she could have got into the garbage. The Dr showed us that from under her throat down the esophagus all the way to her stomach. You couldn't even see her heart. It didn't even look like her had one. You could see that her food was traveling down the tube and into her stomach. Also see that her food was going through right down to her bowels. All Organs came back in working order with no problems found.

So the vEt stated that it could be Cancer or an infection. We had the choice to pay $400 for an ulersound. That would tell us if it is a tumor or just a mass of fluid, But that could be a waste of money as if the antibiotic works and she gets better. She I picked the antibiotic. The Vet said that I should see a difference by Monday. I'm soo scared. I don't want to loss my best friend. She is only 8 years old. She will be 9 in May. I can't believe that this is happening. I'm so upset. I hate the waiting game. I have asked my self so many questions and are trying to piece everything together. To see if I could have caught this earlier. As she has been breathing rough for about a month now. I really thought that it was just the weather change. I wish I caught is earlier. The vet stated that he doesn't really know if it would have made a diffence. I think he was just trying to make me feel better.
I have taken her to the local dog park, maybe she caught something there. Maybe its just a cold that have got really bad. Do I think the worse and hope the news is better. I don't know what to think anymore. I want just to lay with her. but it makes her hot and then she wants to move away. Now she won't even lay down. She stands up all the time. And wants to be outside. My other dog knows that something is wrong as Jazz won't play with him. He really doesn't even go near her. Just to lick her. I have n ever seen my two dogs love each other soo much, even my cat are trying to get close to her. Jazz wants nothing to do with them. Of course.
I wish the best for her. I wish I had endless amounts of money. But I vet has already told me that if it doesn't clear up by Monday. That is doesn't look good. That there wouldn't be alot of time as of how much space the what ever is taken up in her chest. That part really made me scared. As I don't know if he is just giving me false hope.
Please Pray for Jazzmin.