Thread: The TJTwitter
View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Hazel, can u hang the bird feeder from the corners of your house? You know like where Christmas lights would normally go? I know u can buy a pully system for hanging pots so up can lower them and raise them...u could do that with bird feeders too I would think.

We have to hang them all outside the fence or the dogs eat themselves sick on the seed husks that fall out of them. And now I'd be uncomfortable hanging them anywhere near the house for fear the smell of them would encourage the bear to come over the fence to check them out.

And even though that bear is on the other side of the fence u do know it could crash it if it wanted too and they can also run 30mph too if my memory is right. So be careful! When the bear is around can u smell it? Hubs says there is a distinctive smell to them sort of musky.
Oh, ya...they could get over it pretty quickly. Luckily they haven't had the courage! I hope they never get brave.

And yes, they do have....scent. When hazel first smelled it my first thought was, "Dang! I hope that's not me!" Musky, rancid, hot scent...don't know how they can sneak up on anything with a nose!! Oh, except for hubby, who says he can't smell it.

I smelled it really strongly when we were cleaning up the feeders after the raid, then again two nights later as I was bringing in the feeders (I brought them in really fast ), and not since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I just can't believe that these feathers are actually black , beautiful pic
It is hard to believe when you see them in the sun like that. I got a lot more pics today--when I get a chance to resize them, I'll post a few more

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."