View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

This Thread was originally all about"vacation"and yes,if you leave your cats alone for a week and one in the garage,that is neglect!!!
If you read the post carefully,you'll see the statement,"my cats are independant"and yes they are to point,but still very much in need of love and care.The"independance"statement is many times an excuse not to give the cats the care they need.
Opinions will be different,we don't all think the same and Canadiangirl asked for our opinion,she got one from me and one from Laura and some others.
I happen to think Laura is wrong,saying the cats can be left alone for a week,you might not,I only know I would never leave my cats for a week,without anyone looking in on them.
Some people have cats as mousers and that's what they are,nothing else Others have them as part of the family...each to his own I guess.
This Forum is about advice and differences of opinions not to placate an irresponsible owner.
As for timid cats,as I said before,the cat might always be timid,but in my experience he/she will improve with time,never did I say it was the owners fault.