View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:00 AM

lost INDOOR Snowshoe cat in Welland ON

Hi I've had this pet for 3 years. My son found her very coincidently Thanksgiving night. She fit into the palm of my hand and her eyes were barely opened. After taking her in I asked around and was told a mother cat was hit by a car, she had 2 kittens, one was taken in by someone--the other ran off--We live a block away and this kitten would have had to climb 4 big steps to get onto our deck. Anyway I kind of thought this was meant to be ours and we (myself & 3 kids) just adore her. She is beautiful, white with black spots and Light blue eyes. SNOWSHOE BREED. If anyone ever saw a snowshoe then you don't have to see a picture of my cat because they are identical. Anyway for all the time We've had her she would NEVER go out. I think because of the trauma she had when she was a baby. I mean she is TERRiFieD to go out. She would also just sit at the door to get air. Our deck is presently being converted to an additional room but does not have a door or window yet. I caught her a few times lately venturing out a few steps while the door was open. She sees me and RUNS back like nobody's business.Well yesterday morning she was not at the foot of my bed and when I went for my coffee she did not follow me to her bowl which she ALWAYS does. I then looked all over and called her name outside. 5 min later she comes meowing at the front door, looking totally scared and not sure wether I did that to her on purpose. I gave her lots of cuddles and food but then I had to leave. When I called later in the day My kids said she had been sleeping cuddling with our kitten who is 4 mths old. (Mittens loves her and they clean each other and cuddle ALL the time) Now last night again I noticed she is missing again. Accept this time she is not coming to the door in 5 min. She is fixed but does not have ID tags She is white black spots and light blue eyes. SNOESHOE Breed. We miss her terribly and are all very worried. Any help or even some encouraging words from someone would be helpful, I feel sick inside because she is not an outdoor cat and she needs to be home with us. Thankyou