Thread: Rant!!!
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:44 PM

Rant!!!

Ok, I have to get this off my chest. I am sooo upset! No names will be used. And I do not imply that this is common practice because I have no idea if it is or not. Oh, and it's a bit long...

A friend of mine had adopted 2 rats almost 2 years ago. He only had them for a few months as both died within 2 weeks of each other. He got very attached to them (they were really lovable) and was quite sad when they died. It took him this long to get the courage to adopt some more rats. I saw some females listed online yesterday and sent him the link as he had males before and now wanted some females. The listing included 3 females, young sisters. He only wanted 2 but decided that he couldn't leave one alone so he would take all 3. He's a good guy, with a big heart.

So he goes to the shelter where they are kept. It's a busy night but he's in no rush. He even lets some people go ahead of him. He's been waiting in line for 25 minutes when someone comes over and tells him (and 2 other people waiting) that they had to leave. They were not serving any more people. He tries to explain that he's ready to adopt the 3 female rats and leave with them tonight. They repeat that he has to leave, they're sorry.

He just called me, very upset. Not even upset-angry, just upset-sad. He never goes there because he's heartbroken at hearing the dogs (he's a big dog lover too). He thought he was doing a good thing. He's not sure if he'll go back now...

I'm ready to bite someone's head off!!! I know they are all volunteers, I'm a volunteer with a rescue too. But come on! He wasn't browsing, he was ready to adopt all 3 rats.

Thanks for listening guys...

Lyne