View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Yeah, I was ecstatic on the By Nature since my boys' old rotation is down to just Wellness turkey and chicken! Not much variety so knowing that By Nature is ok is a big bonus.

I'll keep the fish to just 2 out of 14 meals/week. The ones I hope to be able to locate are: Wellness Beef & Samon, By Nature Organics Chicken & Mackerel, Solid Gold Chicken, Whitefish, etc., Organix Organic Turkey & Salmon or Turkey & Seafood, Newman's Own Organics Chicken & salmon, Felidae no grain Salmon, and Holistic Select Ocean Fish & tuna. Most of those are in combination with another meat source, so I think this is ok.

Another hitch in my "list" was finding out calorie levels should be kept at 180 and up! 220 is optimal but very few on my list have that amount. Solid Gold just reported back to me that their canned food has 291 calories/5.5oz. By Nature Organics is 138! Holy moly. Merrick Turducken is 163, Felidae no grain salmon is 149. Kind of low but again, since I'm trying to incorporate as much variety as I can, those won't make up more than 1-2 cans out of 14/week so I think this is ok.

Boy, my head is reeling from all this research into proper nutrition! Now if I can only get the boys to actually eat the foods on this list! Minor details....

Well, I dropped off Tigger and Zoomer at 8h30 AM today for their full abdominal ultrasounds. I did ask and couldn't stay for the belly clipping and actual procedure. Since this is a new vet, I'm sure their stress level is through the roof! Poor muffins. At least they'll be kept together so that should help. Hoping for positive vibes that all goes well and nothing non-manageable shows up!