View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM

good news!

hi all.

just got back from cathy's, and things improved by the end of my visit. i stayed a few hours. as predicted, she loved interacting with them with a fishing rod toy i brought over (it has a toy mouse at the end of the line). they had been trying to just give her her space, so they weren't really getting to bond with her. i think she is used to the space enough now (she's been there two full days) that it's okay to start trying to get her to warm up. you guys had a great suggestion with the toys. she loves them - she's so playful!! also, she was sleeping in the carrier again during my visit, looking quite relaxed (they intend to get her one of her own eventually). by the time i left, she was tolerating them patting her without hissing (a very good sign, don't you think?).

i was very encouraged after leaving there today that everything will work out. thanks for all your help, guys. will update again as the days go by. lucy is one lucky little girl to have landed such kind, patient people!!

thanks again!
tracy