View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:51 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

This post will probably not be as well "thought out" as yesterdays as I am in a bit of a rush to get to work.

Your original query was "Why do you feel it's so important to do that to your pets when you don't feel the need to do it to yourself?"

Check out the thread below. It is from one of our regular, much loved, admired, and respected members. She has tiressly worked to take the cats off the streets in her area. They get dumped on a regular basis. She feeds the strays outside her home and tries to give them shelter. She is on her own, feeds, vets, s/n the cats on her own. No one helps. She pleads for homes for these cats, a lot of time to no avail. Why? Because their "owners" decided they didn't want their beloved pets anymore. Because they let them out to "play" and Oh my, kitty came back pregnant. What do we do with all the babies? Because if she didn't do it there would be a lot more cats being born, hit by cars, dying slow painful deaths outdoors, getting sick because no one is there to keep them healthy.. I can go on but as I stated....work calls.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58749

So why spay/neuter your pets? It's part of being a responsible pet owner.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!