View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Your own links state protein requirements decrease with age

And I am done hashing out calcium for now, as you said there is not enough info on, all I can do is point out models such as dogs fed raw and wild canines and state my personal opinions on, much like I did when I first joined the forum and argued with you that EVO was safe to feed that the high protein levels would not hurt adults dogs because it was based on "meat" protein not grains, is was not till later when proof finally came out was I able to post links to support my views. Maybe next year or the year after I will be able to do the same with the calcium issue so bypassing that issue......

a 10 month old 140 lb puppy who has almost reach full bone growth is not going to require as much nutrients/protein as the 140 lb 3 or 4 month old that is growing bigger by the day. and WK does not differiate between the two so what happens when you feed both the same? you may have a very chubby 10 month old and one very scrawny underweight malnourished 4 month old feeding who is fed the same amount, the the nutrients are being used at an alarming pace because development is so fast, with Nikki I notice a more eveness in growth but with the larger breeds there was shoot up period get very boney and then bone growth would slow done and weight would try to catch up,since the nutrient their recieving is not enough to perform both functions at the same time, which may what causes the muscular-skeletal problems later in life, it may also play a role as to why bigger breeds mature mentally slower, maybe they are simply not getting the nutrients for the mental development so it becomes stalled till then growth slows down, maybe not enough nutrients, I am not saying they are not learning but a small breed act more like an adult at 1 whereas the larger breeds maintain the puppy mentally about twice as long

pups are not born so much in proportion to the size of the mom, smaller breeds have less puppies inorder to accomodate the size of the pups so the great dane puppy start off life pretty close to the same size as the cocker puppy,there is a bit of difference but not in proportion adult size. but the great dane pup has to do a lot more growing than the cocker puppy so it's nutrient/protein needs are going to be greater since it has to do 5 or 6 times the growing that the other the cocker does over almost the same period of time.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown