View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2001, 05:36 PM

Question Looking for a baby bulldog

Hello, this is my first post. I'm looking for a bulldog puppy and would appreciate any referrals to reputable breeders in the Southern Ontario area.

My husband and I have decided that a bulldog would be ideal for us. We recently tried to get one at a pet store, and did buy a lovely, friendly, adorable little guy. We named him Hrothgar and he was 3.5 months old. However, he was sick when we got him, we had to rush him to a doggy hospital three days later, and he died of pneumonia a couple days after that. We were/are heartbroken. We know now that we were just lucky to give him our love and attention for a short time, and there wasn't anything we could have done to help him. We didn't know enough when we bought him - I'm almost glad we didn't, because we wouldn't have brought him home from a pet store if we had known, and despite everything, I'm glad that we did have him. However, I'll never buy a pet from a store again, and yet we would very much like to have a little bulldog baby to love. We are much better informed now, and will probably be very over-protective, paranoid parents, who bring our little puppy to the vet whenever he/she sneezes.

If anyone knows of a breeder who has a puppy available, I'd very much appreciate your letting me know.