View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:30 PM

Cat teeth brushing

Hi everyone,

I was recently on several web sites that describe and explain how to brush a cats teeth. I also looked at videos on how the whole thing is done. It dosn't look too obvious to perform, to say the least...

I have a few cats (Chipcat-Filou, Elphin, Rasta, Gino and Airell), who I think would be co operative enough to allow me to do this to them.
Yet, with some of my other cats (Katla, Stibule, Tonali), this would be quite impossible, considering their caracter...

My question is: Do any of you brush your cat's teeth? What products do you use? Which would you recommend? What is your experience with this? (both positive and negative), do you have any first hand advice on how to start brushing adult cat's teeth when they never had this done before!

I don't think I have been willingly negligent concerning this matter, I simply did not know the importance of it until I read some posts here on the forum and then informed myself about the subject...

As a child, we always had cats, both indoor and barn cats, but we never brushed their teeth! Back then, things were very different...

But better late than never! And I would like to start today!

From what I understand of what I read on the internet, this is a good preventive measure to take to avoid costly dental surgery and painfull treatments.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

sandyrivers
Elphin April 21st 2008 m -cat
Stibule(Gino,Airell,Katla,Rasta)June 6th 2009 f- cat
Gino Ferrero April 8th 2010 m -cat
Airell Awenn Awnfenn Ep Berrth April 8th 2010 f- cat
Katla Chilam Balam April 8th 2010 f- cat
Rasta Farian Marley April 9th 2010 m- cat
Chipcat-Filou found June 12th 2011 (Ocicat 6months old) f-cat
Jane the Snow Cat rescued Dec27th 2012 f- cat