View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Hmmmm, I wonder how many of the animals who are not "healthy enough to adopt out" are sick due to stress of shelter life, wonder if they would do much better being adopted out into a home? Wonder if the OSPCA is actually doing these animals a favour by not allowing them to be adopted out? I know with my fosters who have been sick when I have brought them home and recovered very quickly once they were in a home environment.

Not sure what euthanization rate the TAS has, but I thought it was high? Perhaps somebody will be able to post that info. Sooooooo, if animals have to be brought there, wonder how many are being euthanized?

And lastly, wonder how many people have opted to adopt from pet stores or BYB due to this mess?

Just some of my thoughts on this mess between the THS and OSPCA and wonder how many pets will loose their life with OSPCA taking over. Not that I am defending the THS as I don't have any direct knowledge of their administration, but as an outsider reading the media coverage, I just wonder if the animals won't somehow suffer from this public mess.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey