View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Chow Pei Rescue

Hello everyone

I'd like to answer too if I may.
We run a rescue here in Montreal and all of our rescues are fed exclusively raw, and when I say raw, I mean 'real" raw, not commercially prepared raw foods.

Our adoption candidates have come from every conceivable backround including mills, surrenders of course, and other types of rescue situation.

We have never seen "detox", and we've been doing, what we have been doing for some 3 years now. Myself personally I've been raw feeding for more than 14 years now. All we notice is "wellness", so I have to debute the 'detox' theory. I don't think it occurs at all.

It's very possible that your dog stepped in something on the road, and transferred it to his mouth from licking. If you live in Canada, it's very likely in the Winter months. It could easily be salt. That would cause a reaction. It's quite strong (the salt used on roads)., or let's face it, when our dogs walk on public roads, they are subject to picking up everything and anything. Hope it's nothing too serious, but I seriously doubt it's the food.