View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM

Rio is missing ~ Pharmacy Ave./ St. Clair

We left Rio with a pet sitter at Pharmacy Ave./ St. Clair on Sunday May 6th 2012 while we went away on holiday. She ran away from the sitter almost immediately and was last seen running north on Pharmacy Ave. at 1 a.m. in the early hours of Monday May 7th. We returned on Sunday May 13th to be told our dog had been missing all week. Her collar was found on Tuesday May 8th at the entrance to Warden Woods park at Warden/ St. Clair, and returned to us BUT OUR DOG IS STILL MISSING. We are devastated. Her description is : Medium sized (45 lbs.) Shepherd/Sheltie cross. She is often mistaken for a small Husky. She is 9 yrs. old. She has a white chest, paws, and eyebrows/lower area of face. She is very shy and afraid of other dogs and small children. She is very attached to us and we are fearful she may be trying to make her way home to Peterborough where we live....150 km. from where she went missing. She could be anywhere. We also think someone may be keeping her against her will in the area (we have been told someone was walking a dog matching her description, and that person was told she did not belong to the walker). Please, please help us find Rio. Our friend and fellow searcher is located in the area and can be reached at 416-752-1613 (Ruth). My home number is 705-755-1092 (Deb) and another friend can be reached by cell at (416) 358-2807 (Carol). Thanks to all for reading. I am posting wherever I can including the Toronto Humane Society website, Toronto Animal Services in all four locations, Kijiji lost pets, and I have posters in Taylor Creek Park, Warden Woods Park and anywhere we feel she may be sighted in the area including the library and No Frills.
Attached Images