View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Prince Eau de Toilette peed in the bed!!!

Hi folks, I'm brand-spanking-new here, haven't even posted on the "introduce myself" area yet. I am looking for some theories and encouragement here!

First, I don't think this is a usual, "my dog peed in the bed" question.

My little darling Simon (a 1 year old cockapoo), has been housetrained for some time now. Last night, and this morning, he peed everywhere on my bed! I got up at 2:30am to go pee myself, and noticed that where he had been laying was a big pile of pee. EEEwwww. I thought maybe Daddy forgot to take him out before he went to bed, as he usually does. I still thought it was weird that it would have been right where he was sleeping. Then this morning, my DD came to wake me up, and Simon jumped up and streamed pee all over the bed! It was like he was walking/running around the bed with a full-blown stream coming out! No squatting or leg lifting. OMG, it even got a little bit on my curtain!!!! No other accidents anywhere else.

Luckily it was 8am, so my vet had just opened. I called, and though they didn't have any appts for today, they let me drop him off and will see him as they have time today. They will also try to collect pee from him while he's there.

Anyone have any ideas? I know to think of UTI, and he has not been having any accidents other than this, and we've just been letting him out throughout the day as usual up to now. Also, DH confirmed that he did let Simon (and Gypsy) out before bed, at about 12:30pm. Does it sound like a UTI or kidney stone? What else could it be?

I know until I hear from the vet I'm not likely to know what's going on. Just hoping to hear thoughts from anyone in the meantime. I'm totally freaked!