View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Dog Meds

I went to my vet today to refill my dog's interceptor prescription (which they charge $40 for 3 pills) today, but instead I just decided that I was going to ask for a prescription for the interceptor and would try to fill it online at Universalpetmeds.ca, a licensed canadian pet pharmacy.
The vet actually refused to give me a prescription and said 'we dont do that here'. The reality is that I can buy a year's supply of interceptor online for the price they charge for 3 months worth. I should be able to shop where i want to.
If it were for something serious that my dog needed the medicine right away for i would definitly buy it from the vet.
However, these pills are just for preventive purposes, and it isnt an urgent situation.
What the vet said completely undermined my right to shop around for the best deal, creating a monopoly over medicine for them.
Needless to say, I am searching for a vet who is less money hungry. The situation is ridiculous, and im not even sure theyre allowed to do that.