View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for the helpful info. It's great, exactly what I was looking for. Teri thanks for the cooking tips. I can do this.

Shadow has always been a very very fussy eater. She'll go two days without eating anything at all, even with fresh chicken on it, so I don't think it's the EVO in particular that she's rebelling to. She will eat it fine when she's in the mood. We went with this one because my 8 year old lab Halo has poultry allergies so we were looking for a good food with no poultry or poultry fats. Halo being a lab will eat anything at all so switching again won't really be an issue. But I do think I may go with a mix of dry and home cooked. Can they still have a raw bone - actually now that I say that I stopped giving them raw bones because Halo breaks even the big knuckle bones to shards. I guess I could do them again so long as they only get them when supervised. Weight has never been an issue for Shadow, but is for Halo.

Anyhow, thanks again for all the info, any other info is welcome. I'm taking it all into my little brain to process.

As for watching them age, yes it's so hard. It almost brings me to tears when the dogs howl now. Halo howls at sirens and then Shadow chimes in with her and Shadow has always had a very primal howl that's great to hear. Now she can hardly squeek out a howl. I say she's lost her WooWoo, it's very sad to watch her try to howl now.:sad: Bless their old hearts.