View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Good thing you are sticking around...

I assume that you are aware of the pitbull/amstaff restriction in your province. What you may not be aware of then it that ANY dog that remotely resembles one of these dogs (even if they are not) can and will be ceased and destroyed. In particular, boxer X, dogos, and American Bulldog are MISTAKEN to be pitbull and/or amstaff X. As a result, based on the standard measurement of the head, ears, eyes, shoulders or any other attribute that THEY (meaning the AC or those enforcing this stupid law) deem restricted by law, these dogs can and will be ceased and killed.

Since your pup will have these attributes, I highly suggest that you do some research and empower yourself with the knowledge. You MUST also ensure that all documentation related to this dog clearly indicates the associated breeds. Make darn sure this is done or else you are headed for some serious heartbreak.

I have moved out many dogs from Ontario that clearly were NOT restricted but because they had no documentation as to breed or type, they were either to be exiled into another province or killed.