View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Dog View Post
Absolutely, move Charlie's crate. Lady's (2-1/2 year old Cocker) crate is at the foot of our bed. Even though she cuddles on the bed with G-Man and me, when I say "bed time", she hops off and goes straight into her crate. Lady's crate is big enough for her to do a full stretch in it (front and back legs extended). Charlie will feel a lot more comfortable if his crate is closer to you.

Remember that Charlie is entering his "teen-age" rebellion period and any routines you establish now and over the next year or so will be the ones you have to live with for the rest of Charlie's life. He will test your boundaries and I know from personal experience (twice over!) how hard it is to face those big, sad-looking eyes and droopy ears and jowls. Your hard work and consistent dedication now will be rewarded in the future with a happy, confident and well adjusted dog.
FLoppy Dog: this is exactly what has been going on in our house lately. It has been VERY warm and humid around here. One night I decided to try sleeping on the basement couch and let Charlie sleep there with me. I was ready for the worse but he was soooo good He slept on the floor next to the couch almost all night. Then he moved to our papasan wicker chair. When I woke up in the morning, he was standing next to the couch and was staring at me with ''those eyes'' but I could tell a big difference with when he sleeps in the kennel. He was much more calm and relax. Maybe the kennel is stressing him out because he can't see us.

Then yesterday we HAD TO buy an air conditioner for our bedroom. Since our room was much more comfortable than the rest of the house, I convinced my fiancé to let Charlie in the room with us and see how he would do. Charlie did awesome He did try to lay on the bed with us but we put him on the floor and told him ''no'' and he slept on the floor all night, we almost didn't hear anything from him (he snores ). I think I will try the kennel in our bedroom tonight.

Wish me luck
Attached Images