View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM

CLV,

Nearly everyone involved in your post, ( bendyfoot, luckypenny, marcha) helped or assisted me over the past month or two, in some way to get over my 'fear' or 'uncertainty' of feeding RAW.

It never crossed my mind to pay more for a 'prepared' raw diet, it was going to be a high quality kibble or RAW. I bought a chest freezer (3.5 cubic ft just for him) and the choice is now clear. I like to shop for him, it's fun to shop deals on meat to make it cheaper than kibble.

Determining allergies is one thing but keep reading, decide, then give them some nutrient-rich, raw meat.

I own a very dominant, confident, 11 month old male who was either starting fights or not walking away from them. Since feeding RAW, given a grace period of a few weeks, I can whistle which I hadn't really trained him for and he will walk away from an altercation and check in with me.

What I am trying to say is that I didn't believe it until I SAW it either but he is far more attentive, happy, satisfied, calm, healthy (skin, coat, attitude, endurance, muscles, etc.)

It was mentioned above about being new and worried about every gram, every meal...That will pass, quickly, it's part of the learning curve.

I'm not sure what else to tell you in this post that someone else hasn't but I'm on board, have a young puppy and he is doing wonderfully, better than the high quality kibble he was on, which for the first 9 months, I was very happy with......

Chris
64lbs