View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Felidae and dandruff?

I have to say I'm completely shocked. I have had my cats on Felidae Cat and Kitten formula dry for about 10 weeks now and I noticed a fair amount of dandruff on Petunia last night. Her coat is also a little more dull than normal, oily almost. So I checked my other 3 cats and sure enough, they ALL have dandruff and oily/dull coats. What is going on? Nothing else has changed in their diet, they get Evo canned once a day and have been for at least 5 months. I just went over the ingredient list and I'm stumped as to why this could be. I am assuming it is food related since they all have it. They're all up to date on their shots and worming and are in good health otherwise. I just bought a new 20 lb bag so they'll have to be on it for another few weeks at least, but I guess I'll be switching them to another food, any ideas what I should switch them to? BTW, my dogs are on Canidae Lamb and Rice and their coats are beautiful. I'm so diappointed, I thought I was feeding my cats the best food Here is the list of ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat, (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Eggs, Flax Seed Meal, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Amaranth, DL Methionine, Taurine, Kelp, Cranberries, Apples, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.