View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Swift Tribe

there were a few thigns we did for our cats to keep them off the counters (and thats all we manage to keep them off of!!!).

uh, there are a few things Shadow wont jump on because he oopsed and jumped up on something that already had something on it. look before you leap!!! that was on accident!

double sided tape. it works for as long as the tape is on there. i guess maybe if you kept the tape on there for a few years they would eventually stop trying. mine havent. i have double sided tape on the banister up stairs on the landing.

aluminum foil crinkled up a little. switching the scary thing... we took Shadow scaring himself and ran with it. celophane doesnt feel good to their feet. might help some. make sure you secure it so they cant get it up when they freak out about it.

there are spray bottles that are set off by motion and it squirts a little water out of it.

and clappingn our hands every time they went somewhere they shouldnt be. i wouldnt suggest this one though if your are hand clapping people. had a friend who loved clap along songs... not a good idea for his cats. when ours get somewhere, liek the counter, where they shouldnt be... a few good claps of the hand and get up like you are going to get them... ive never actually had to 'get them' (whatever thats suppose to mean) but the action of standing up, making the motion towards them with that disapproving parent look on your face seems to ahve a grand effect. saying something like 'if you make me get up and come over there... im gonna *fill in with a cooking technique*' seems to have a good effect too.

squirt bottles filled with *gasp* H2O!!!!

-ashley