View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Have any of you cane corso owners dealt with Cherry Eye in your cane corso? My dog is 7 1/2 months old and has had cherry eye in both eyes. He had it in both of his eyes in May we got it tucked and then the left eye came out again and we got it tucked in june and about 5 grand later his left eye has popped out again this morning.. My breeder has told me numerous times not to get it tucked and to have the gland that is popping out clipped.. I asked my vet but they said no vets do this in Canada. I know someone who had a bulldogs eyes clipped at a vet close to me, but I am not sure if its very reputable. My vet says they dont clip the gland in canada cause it could possibly cause dry eye and make the dog go blind. and while that may be true in other dogs my breeder says she always gets them clipped and she has never had one go blind it would be extremely rare and the only reason it would go blind would be if you forgot to put eye drops in.. And i take good care of my dog so I don't see that as an issue. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this at this point as i have spent so much money already and i dont know where to go from here.