Thread: Princess
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Neo+cats

Princess and SPooky ... oh yeah!

UPDATE

Well, the foster thing didn't happen

A colleague told me last Thursday as I was almost ready to go home, that she had fed a stray/lost kitten teh night before and that this little thing had been hanging around her down-town neighbourhood, scrounging for leftovers for over a week, getting skinnier every day. Did someone want to save it?

Well ... DUH !!

I drove 30 minutes to her place, got this little black furball (well, skinny, slick-fured little thing) out of her back yard and into the car where she hid under the seat the next 30 minutes to my place (usually takes me 30 minutes from work to home).

Princess ... hissed and went to the bedroom, sulking.

A few days later, she supervised the new arrival from a chair under the kitchen table. Yesterday, they ate breakfast about a foot apart - Princess still hissing if Spooky (yeah, Joe thought that better than my choice (Eclipse) because she is so totally black) even looks her way

Spooky is being dewromed just in case. Not a feral cat at all, she walked calmly around the vacuum cleaner on Saturday.

My theory?

Someone got a kitten a couple of months ago, then school holidays come around and they have no more time for kitty. Out you go, hunt mice! She was found in the close vicinity of a mill. House trained, cuddly, purrs like mad as soon as we look at her ...

.. and Joe fell in love with her too the guy who didn't really want a cat to start with

Off to work ... one of those weekends

PS - photos will follow

Last edited by Budgie-mom; July 7th, 2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: PS