Thread: Iams
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2004, 10:06 PM
A.R.Activist & Vet Assis.

I couldn't agree with you more Mastiff. I'm not sure, in all honesty what you're referring to with the pitt bulls. Ummmmm, As a general rule, I'm against ALL breeding and pet stores until we can get these animals off death row that are so desperate for a loving home. But it sounds like you're saying the Peta thinks it's acceptable to test on the breed??? I've never heard that. In the 16 yrs at the animal hospital, I can only remember 1 really really nasty pitt bull. And I certainly don't place the blame on the breed itself. We've had many more Chows, poodles, rotts, sheps,cockers, etc etc.... that were biters or generally aggressive. In fact, not that I ever played favs BUT there is one dog that I remember so vividly that I absolutley adored. She was a white pit bull from England. I had to pill this animal, I had to sink an IV into her, I had to draw blood from her and do basic treatments and not once did I feel threatened by her. Often the animals , even the friendly ones if in pain, need muzzling.......but she just would whimper at times, lick my hand or my face.......just a poof cake. I cant help but smile whenever I think of her.
(Sorry got off topic a bit) So, feel free to enlighten me if you wish.
In short Iams is a crap company that needs to STOP testing PERIOD....and well, lets face it, its AR orgs that assist huge in demos and signs and media........it helps to get the word out.