View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:13 AM

Well I took him to an emergency after hours vet this evening, as everything is closed this weekend, and it was late. The vet was able to get the blood testing from the lab, which was apparently closed til tuesday. This proves to me that the first vet is incompetant.

Regarding his progress, he was dehydrated, and was given fluids under the skin to rehydrate him. When I put food up to his hose, he eats voraciously, and I give him as much as he will eat. He still drinks no water though, but the new vet's assistant suggested putting tuna juice into the water, so he'll find it tastier. He seems to be a lot more alert now since his fluid injection,
though it seems that he is permanently blind.

I cried my eyes out last night sitting next to him on the couch, thinking all was lost, but now I see that it is not. There is a new medication on the market, which the vet hadn't ever heard of. He faxed the name of it to my competant vet, and I will go pick it up tomorrow. Apparently it's supposed to counter act the effects of FIP. So I'm just hoping against hope..

I would also like to sincerly thank you all for your help, it gave me a renewed sense of urgency when I read all your kind words.
I wish the best to all of you,
I'll keep you posted,
Please have a good night

Last edited by Jared; May 20th, 2007 at 02:15 AM.