Thread: Is Iams bad?
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

That's fine, and admirable. Just make sure that you realize the ingrediants in the products you buy from companies that don't test on animals may have been tested previously. I know this is a sensitive issue with some, so I'm not going to get into companies, but there are several companies high on the pulpit about being against animal testing, when they use ingrediants that are tested by other companies on animals. I have seen cases where one company puts out the results of thier tests, and then the company against animal testing then chooses to use the same ingrediants because there is now a study showing it is safe. There is another case of a company that bought an "animal tested free" product, and removed that lable. Some animal rights group suddenly went on the attack. But the reason behind the move was the new company felt it was misleading, because the ingrediants were tested on animals previously, and it was no longer necessary to test them on animals any more. Some ingrediants aren't actually "animal test free", but no longer "animal tested".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against anyone who chooses to avoid products that aren't listed as "animal cruelty free". I, too, make choices based on my own moral beliefs, and some of those can be refuted by the same type of arguements as above. We can only do what we can do.