Thread: Need Advice!!
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Anita, the fact that she's a Rottie means nothing to me! Of course, the sheer size of the dog makes her behavior more dangerous than it would it she were a toy poodle, for example.

What concerns me is this:

Quote:
I have no
idea why, but she's hated kids and puppies from the time she was about 5
months old. She's getting worse and worse,
This makes me think she is not just a little intolerant of kids, but is trying to attack them. Since it's getting "worse and worse" I don't know what, if anything, the owner has done to try and fix this problem, or if it IS fixable. It's possible that this aggression is genetic and not fixable.

She is not talking about a dog who doesn't care for kids, she is saying that if the dog gets out of the yard -

Quote:
Do I risk the life of one of
these kids and everything we have by thinking she could never get out ??
If the dog getting loose means kids' lives are at stake, I'd say this a very very dangerous situation.

What I find most alarming of all is this:
Quote:
and my husband is demanding
that I find her a home
Does this person think someone else wants a dog who is potentially lethal to kids??? If they give this dog to someone else, and a tragedy happens, they will be liable too!

There are enough sweet, deserving, child-loving Rotties dying every day to keep one who is human aggressive around. Rotties get enough bad press as it is. We don't need this dog making headlines, which it WILL.

I am NOT one to lightly suggest euthanization, believe me, and I know how heartbroken this woman is, but if MY pit bull were to behave this way, I would have no option but to put her down.