View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was wondering if lezzpezz was still active here. I see that the last time posted was in December 07, so I am hoping he/she still visits this forum.

The reason why I am asking is because my cat Morris has VERY similar (practically exact) symptoms as Sascha's. I was curious to see what the diagnosis was, as some of the options that we are at may not be feasible for our old (17yr) cat as he may not do well with being put under anesthesia.

As was mentioned in this thread, our (indoor) cat also seems fine, eats ok and moves around quite a bit, however he has had an ongoing discharge (both green and blood) from his left nostril. He has also been going into sneezing fits as explained by lezzpezz.

Another similarity with lezzpezz's experience is our interactions with the vet, we have been through 3 types of antibiotics, each with varying results, but none of them are really helping his sickness.

We too believed it was something that was stuck in his nose, but we can't be certain without the xrays, which as mentioned before, we were told that he may be too old to be put under anesthesia for these.

These symptoms have been going on for about 3 months now, and we have just tried to keep him comfortable by running a vaporizer and flushing his nose with saline. He has recently started open mouth breathing to bypass breathing from only one nostril, so we are worried that he may be getting worse. We are afraid that we may be just dragging out something more serious (such as a nasal tumor, or some other form of cancer).

Although he has had these issues, his behavior has not changed drastically, and he still seems happy, so we were hoping for some advise if anyone has had an animal that has experienced similar symptoms.

Thanks for any ideas,
Barker

Last edited by barker; January 29th, 2008 at 10:01 PM.