View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
NOT a senior member

I just want to send and that I am hoping you find information on what is ailing your dog. It must be so hard for you to watch your guy like this with no diagnosis. Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis (HGE) presents similar to what is happening to Pluto. It is a widely misinterpreted syndrome which is characterized by the raspberry jam consistency of diarrhea. My Squiggy was only seven months old when he succumbed to the effects of HGE. There are no tests for HGE, usually there is no temperature, but the bloodwork shows an elevated hematocrit which is a clue to the veterinarian that it could be HGE. It is usually diagnosed from these factors, and by ruling out others such as Giardia or Parvo etc. Here is some information if you care to read about HGE and the possibility that it could be a factor. I hope your dear boy is feeling better soon.

http://www.pets.ca/encyclopedia/hemmor_gastro_dog.htm

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......