View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Albert's mommy

Update

We have tested negative for Blasto..THANK GOD!!

the 'seizures' or whatever they were have gone away completely. I still don't know what the heck it was! The vet says if they have gone away..to just keep a close eye on him for now.

so we are still taking it one day at a time. Growler..Thank you for ideas!! I will have to check the results..I keep copies of all his labs at home. Acidosis did come up when the issues with eating and all. Since it can be common for CRF patients. He is eating a lot better and I have raised his dishes with a big fat yellow pages directory!! LOL! until i go buy him a new bowl set! We had just bought these that had a little bit of height already so we just 'improvised' for now!

The only thing I'm seeing now is stiffness in his joints..a little limping. When we did xrays about 2 weeks ago they found arthritis on his lower spine. which has been there for some time..it looks the same from the xrays we ran two years earlier..so it isn't any worse..but he's still stiff. He's been on glucosamine forever, along with other supplements that should help. I'm hoping i can find other natural, less invasive ways to ease the pain of arthritis without pain meds. Since we have to be really careful with those!

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts! I really hope my furball gets a break for a bit! He's doing amazingly with his 'one eye'...and has adjusted beautfilly. THought I'd send an updated pic of my beautiful boy!! Excuse the 'scruffiness'..this was before daddy gave him a good bath and trim!!
Attached Images