View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Possible breed for Montana? :)

I was looking at a few of the local rescues the other day and came across a 6 month old puppy. He looked a awful lot like Montana (maybe related?), and it was also found as a stray at 3 months old, then spent 3 months in the shelter and was pulled by a rescue so he wouldn't be put down. They said they thought he was a Mountain Cur. I have never even heard of that before, so I googled it and found some pics that look like our little boy! They come in several colors, including brindle with black (and that particular color often has a white patch under the chin, on the chest and white on the paws, which Montana has all of those). It doesn't really matter what he is, but it would be fun to know, and also good for any genetic issues that may arise. Lord knows we have had our fair share with both Thorin and Nookie. Anyway, what do you guys think?
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012